It is never too early to start planning for the next Mini Golf Challenge!! Put together your team, design and build your mini golf hole, and join our subscriber list for updates!
Time: Teams set up at 8:30 AM, course opens to the public at 10:30 AM.
Cost: Free to register, free to attend!
Teams: 2 to 6 K-12 students, and an adult team mentor
NOTE: Teams that are at least half girls will be given registration preference.
About the Challenge
There is no registration fee for student teams. Teams that are at least half girls will be given registration preference.
Teams will design and build a mini golf hole that reflects this theme, and bring it to the mini golf course on the day of the event. During the Mini Golf Challenge, team members will interact with attendees (the golfers) to share what it was like working as a team, how they came up with their ideas, new knowledge they’ve acquired during the process, and other aspects of their experience. Event attendees will vote on the “Favorite Hole” and the winning team will bring back to their school the much-coveted Henry Cluster STEMM Foundation Mini Golf Challenge Trophy for display.
About the Teams
Teams with range in size from two to six students, split as evenly as possible between boys and girls. (Teams do not have to be co-ed, but teams that are at least half girls will get to choose their place on the course map before any teams that are not.) Teams will work with an adult mentor volunteer (a teacher or parent/guardian) to collect the starter kit, design and build the hole, set up and take down the hole at Pershing Middle, and prepare submission materials. Detailed registration packets will be distributed to adult team mentors, and will also be available for download.
The schedule below may be updated if needed.
- TBD: Registration Officially Opens
- TBD: Course Map Hole Selection Opens
- TBD: Spring Break
- TBD: Last Day to Order T-Shirts
- TBD: Team Information Sheets Due
- TBD: 2018 Henry Cluster Mini Golf Challenge
- TBD: Winning Team Starts Planning Ahead to Defend Title
Event Documents (As Available)
- Call for Teams–downloadable and smartphone sharing-ready! (when available>
- Ideas for Building a Mini Golf Hole from the San Carlos Branch Library
- Mini Golf Course Map (when available>
- T-Shirt Order Form (Cash or Check) (when available>
- Team Information Sheet(when available>
- Student Builder Waiver (when available>
Course Map (To Be Updated)